A few of the old statesmen who know a lot more about the club than me and voiced their opinion that there isn’t much communication or sharing of each other successful season at the moment. Therefore, a newsletter on Tuesday each week will be emailed to everyone for the remaining 6/7 weeks of the season.
It’s work progress on the format and suggestions and content will be gratefully received. Basically it will contain, as a minimum a review of the weekend, information, dates for the diary and a bit of the back-page banter like we used to have in the old days when the team sheets were posted.
Ladies 1s v Redditch – Lost 4-1
Hard match for ladies 1s losing 4-1 in only their 2nd loss of the season. The result did not reflect the game which was much closer. Goal from Beccy Manning who was also named player of the match. The opposition are likely to be league champions so perhaps not a surprising result. A save off the line from Hannah Taylor and a penalty flick missed by the opposition.
Mens 1s v Old Wulfrunians – Lost 8-1
3rd v 4th at Woodrush on Saturday afternoon, we were all looking forward to hard fought game against Old Wulfs.
Unfortunately the Wulfs blew down the Heath door 8 times in what was a uncharacteristic bad day at the office for the 1s. Fleeting highlights of the game was a quality save down to his bottom left by Spaz from a penalty stroke. Skipper bagging another short corner goal, which was almost disallowed for the end of playtime. Vice skip Josh pick up a yellow, for using the method of mime to answer the question “Guy Garvey is the lead singer of which band?”.
- Man of the Match : Liam – cracking running upfront.
- D of the Day : Nelly – for making the skippers ears bleed
We’ll be looking to bounce back in two weeks’ time with an international game away at Newtown. Cynffonau Cymru!
Ladies 2s v Bromsgroves 4s – Won 3-2
Goals – Jane Fellows, Eloise Winspur & Becky Smith
A p/flick save by Jayne Harper in the last minute resulted in a hard fought win by the 2s. Becky’s well taken goal came from a cross from Emma Dedicoat on the right to level the scores. Jane and Eloise scored from close range to keep the team in the lead. Pleasant spring like afternoon at last. Ellie Hill played her debut game.
Mens 2s v Bromsgrove – Lost 6-0
No match report filed
- Training – Thursday night training we go to 1 hour from Thursday 15th February
- Awards Night – 7th April in the Cartland Room. Details to follow
- Lewis Powis Memorial Trophy Game (FA Cup Day) – 19th May. Details to follow.
- Membership was due for renewal at the start of the year. If you have not paid your subs please do as soon as possible. We need the funds to pay for astros, coaches, insurance, league fees etc. If you need a membership forms or any other details please ask your captain or me.